India commences worlds largest ever vaccination programme to control FMD:
- National Animal Disease Control Programme for FMD and Brucellosis The union Government launched a new scheme National Animal Disease Control Programme for FMD and Brucellosis with a financial outlay of Rs. 13,343.00 crore for five years (2019-20 to 2023-24) by vaccinating 100% cattle, buffalo, sheep, goat, and pig population for FMD and 100% bovine female calves of 4-8 months of age for brucellosis to prevent loss of Rs. 50,000 crores.
Finance minister launches 102 trillion National Infra Pipeline plan:
- Finance minister Nirmala Sitharaman launched a National Infrastructure Pipeline coordination mechanism with an investment plan worth 102 trillion in the next five years.
- The economic affairs secretary Atanu Chakraborty submitted its first report after consultation with 70 different stakeholders for four months.
Nirmala Sitharaman unveils 102 lakh crore national infrastructure plan:
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman unveiled a 102 lakh crore national infrastructure pipeline in accordance with the Narendra Modi government’s vision to make India a $5 trillion economy by 2024-25.
- The finance ministry set up a task force headed by Economic Affairs Secretary to prepare a road map for the national infrastructure pipeline from 2019-20 to 2024-25 under the 100 lakh crore infra plan.
Indian govt to give 5G spectrum for trails to all telecom players:
- The Indian government decided to allocate spectrum to all telecom operators and equipment makers for the upcoming 5G trials in the country.
- The announcement made by India’s federal technology and communications minister, Ravi Shankar Prasad. The government decided to give 5G Spectrum for a trial to all operators in the country.
- The Chinese telecom equipment maker Huawei to conduct super-fast speed 5G network trials in India. Indian telecom industry.
Railway Protection Force renamed as Indian Railway Protection Force Service:
- The Ministry of Railways accorded Organised Group ‘A’ status to Railway Protection Force (RPF) and renamed it Indian Railway Protection Force Service.
- The Organised Group ‘A’ status (OGAS) to RPF decision arising from Hon’ble Court’s orders. The RPF will be known as the Indian Railway Protection Force Service.
- The notice in this regard was issued by the Joint Director of Railway Board Amitabh Joshi on December 30.
IOA withdraws boycott call for 2022 Commonwealth Games:
- Indian Olympic Association (IOA) withdrawn its threat to boycott the 2022 Commonwealth Games in Birmingham over Shooting’s exclusion.
- It also announced that the country bid to host either the 2026 or the 2030 edition.
- The Commonwealth Games Federation (GCF) decided to submit a formal proposal to host a Commonwealth Shooting Championships before the main Games.GCF President Dame Louise Martin welcomed India confirming participation at the Birmingham Games.